Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tim McKee - Clean and simple.

Tim McKee

_____________


Tim McKee2

______________


I greatly respect Tim for the simple yet well-executed outfit that he's wearing in these pictures. He shows a welcome lack of fussiness, instead wearing the kind of outfit that I think would make a flattering uniform for anyone: fitted plaid shirt, well-cut khakis, and a solid pair of desert boots. I get a sense of casual, lived-in confidence as opposed to dressing up in some sort of costume to capture the attention of others.

And yet, he manages to keep things interesting with the details - upturned pant cuffs, a few extra undone buttons on the shirt, rugby-stripe socks, and a nice assortment of things on his wrists. One idea that I found particularly noteworthy was using a broken leather boot lace as a bracelet. Curious.

I can also appreciate his consciousness of buying domestically produced clothing, or at least ethically produced. For all of the talk of eating local, being socially responsible, and all that jazz that floats around campus, I definitely feel that there's a lack of awareness of clothing in that respect. While it's closely linked to wealth and socioeconomic status, I still think it's worth noting, especially since Tim tries to do his part in that regard.

In any case, I think Tim's a great example of the strength of well-fitted basics that flatter one's body type and that dressing well isn't necessarily about wearing the latest and greatest thing out there. Well done, sir.

1 comment: