Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Leena Kozupa - By Frary Fountain

Lenna Kozupa

Lenna Kozupa

________________


Leena's clothing and accessories are a mix of trinkets and more impactful pieces from all over - a necklace from Greece, a bracelet from Kenya, a jacket from Poland, and her mother's old shirt. And it wasn't until she removed her jacket that I noticed her success at layering. A slightly loose shirt with a tiny collar, with a few buttons casually undone, underneath a flowing cardigan. And yet the carefree nature of both would never have been known to me with her fitted jacket on top. Playing with fit, keeping the layers interesting in relation to each other. And to top it off: a colorful floral-print scarf to counter the monochromatic jacket.

When I had a class with Leena last semester, I couldn't help but think "dang. She seems really cool." After speaking with her, I'm pretty sure that I was right. Leena speaks of her style in such an offhanded manner - so incredibly casual about her way of dress, as if it's just another little thing in her life. No big deal, I suppose. She gives hints into her confidence and self-assurance, but it's not so blatant as to be overbearing. Simply put, she's cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment