Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Transience with Christian Lopez

Christian Lopez

I wish I had a picture of Christian from last year, just to show the changes that his style has undergone since I first met him my freshman year. Christian undergoes major shifts in which he discards much of the clothing of his past, keeps a few choice items, and starts anew. In this way, I see it as a distillation of his personal style. He slowly rids himself of that which he finds unnecessary, gradually building up the few things here and there that survive through his various phases.

His style has gone in such a direction that much of what he wears is either his dad's, or at least something his dad might wear. However, while the shirt may be his father's, the execution of it is completely his own. He takes something as classic as a gray blazer and adds a bit of the unexpected by downplaying it with skinny jeans and a pair of old archeologist boots. Pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment